Saturday, March 13, 2010

Puerto Rico: Oct 2009: Church

     It seems every time I sit down to write for our blog the words kind of get stuck somewhere between my brain and the computer. The end result of that being that I post every 3 months instead of regularly.  
      I had a few more pictures I really wanted to share of our trip to Puerto Rico.  So thanks for your patience.  After that who knows?  Onward to the holidays or my new sewing projects..
     One of the most amazing things about our trip to Puerto Rico, at least to me, was going to a far off place and finding family.  I have never had the opportunity before to worship with the church in another country.  Although, technically Puerto Rico is a protectorate of the U.S.   It was incredibly humbling, comforting, and awing.  
    We had an adventure and a half trying to find a church, but it was well worth the effort and the 40 dollars the taxi driver charged us after getting lost multiple times.  The people there were kind, friendly, and welcoming to us, the pale Alaskans.  We also found out they had connections to our Alaskan family through Jeff and Dana Jaworski, who lived and worked with the church there several years ago.
     I value the time we got to spend with such caring people, and hope that this is something we get to do again, sometime!image      And that, for the most part, was our trip to Puerto Rico.  There are more stories, and wonderful memories, but these ware a few of our favorite.  We feel so blessed that we were able to have such an experience!  Hope you enjoyed all the pictures! 

image

No comments:

Post a Comment